Fruittata is a delicious Italian dessert that is typically made with fruit and custard. But don’t let its simplicity fool you; this dessert is incredibly complex in flavor and can be made in a variety of ways. In this blog post, we will teach you the best Rome fruittata recipe. Whether you are looking for a basic version or want to customize it to your own liking, this recipe will have you enjoying the taste of fruit in no time.
What is a Fruittata?
A fruittata is a simple Italian dish made from fruits and eggs. It can be made with any combination of fruits, but usually includes strawberries, banana, or plum. The dish is often served as an appetizer or dessert, and can be topped with sugar or whipped cream.
To make a fruittata, you will need:
1 cup diced fruit (strawberries, banana, etc.)
pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper
Butter or oil for frying
In a bowl, whisk the egg until it is light and airy. Add the diced fruit and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat butter or oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the fruit mixture and cook until set around the edges but still soft in the center, about 7 minutes. Serve hot.
How to Make a Fruittata
How to Make a Fruittata Recipe
A fruittata is a perfect summer breakfast dish. It’s easy to make and can be enjoyed with any type of fruit. In this recipe, we use strawberries, but you could also use blueberries, bananas, or any other type of fruit.
1/2 cup diced strawberries
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the diced strawberries, eggs, feta cheese and parsley.
3) Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Serve warm or cold.
What to Throw in a Fruittata for extra Fun
Fruittata is a classic Roman dish made of eggs, cheese, and fresh fruit. The options for ingredients are endless, so you can easily customize this dish to your own liking. Here are some ideas to get you started:
– Use your favorite type of egg: soft-boiled, poached, or even scrambled.
– Add in different types of cheese: paneer, cheddar, brie, or blue cheese.
– Use any sort of fruit that is in season: strawberries, bananas, blueberries, cherries…the list is endless!
– Spice up the flavor profile with chili powder, garlic powder, or even a pinch of sugar.
Whatever ingredients you choose for your Fruittata recipe, be sure to enjoy a delicious breakfast treat that will fill you up and give you plenty of energy for the day ahead.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious breakfast recipe, the Rome fruittata is a great option. This dish is packed with vegetables and cheese, so it’s perfect if you want something hearty but not too heavy. Plus, it’s perfect for a quick and easy meal on busy mornings. If you want to make this recipe yourself, be sure to check out our step-by-step guide below!